Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Feel Your Worth

"Long lay the world, in sin and error pining, till He appeared, and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn."

This is, hands down, my favorite line from a Christmas song. In pondering it this morning, I was reminded of a post I wrote in Singapore on my previous blog, about God's love for us proven through the cross. 

This morning, I re-read that post, and I thought, "It didn't start with the cross though." God's love to us was shown the second Jesus appeared on earth as a helpless, vulnerable baby in the arms of an ordinary girl. In that moment, He told us how much we're worth to Him. We're worth being cold and hungry and tired and tempted and tried and misunderstood and hated. He was willing to come through a humble birth to live a humble life in order to rescue us.

So I hope this morning that you look at Jesus, feel how much you're worth to Him, and rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment